Tuesday 14 April 2020

BEATLES LONDON SITES FOOTAGE, WITH COMMENTARY


I had intended to hold on to this and put it together with footage of key Beatles sites in Liverpool which I had planned to film later in the Summer. Now that it’s looking very unlikely that I’ll be able to do that, I figured I may as well release this now.

This was recorded in Summer 2019, (remember freedom of movement?) and covers several sites in London central to the Beatles legend, with my commentary, namely: 

Paul McCartney’s home in Cavendish Avenue, EMI’s Abbey Road studios and the famous zebra crossing; The Asher family home in Wimpole Street; nearby Wimpole Mews, home of Stephen Ward of the Christine Keeler/ Profumo Affair fame, The Apple Corps HQ in Savile Row, scene of the famous ‘rooftop concert’ in January 1969; The Indica Gallery, where, according to lore, John Lennon first met Yoko Ono.

2 comments:

Robert Jones said...

Very informative.
Was at the crossing in 2009 for the 40th anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this. I'll never get a chance to go to the UK. Actually glad I'm not there right now.
Great commentary and video Mark. Constantly learning stuff I hadn't heard before. Your research is outstanding.