Saturday 30 March 2024

A PHILADELPHIA STATE OF MIND


Inspired by anticipation of my upcoming visit to Philadelphia, I put together this mix of music inspired by the city and/ or its artists.

Most of the material is the glorious soulful 1970s Sound of Philadelphia material produced by Gamble & Huff, with things kicked off by Bruce Springsteen’s movie-related track, a couple of hip-hop bangers from Philly rapper Freeway, and a couple from Philly’s own Jill Scott.


Click here to listen to the mix:

https://www.mixcloud.com/djmarkdevlin/a-philadelphia-state-of-mind/


Bruce Springsteen: Streets Of Philadelphia

DJ Jazzy Jeff Feat. Jill Scott: We Live In Philly

Elton John: Philadelphia Freedom

M.F.S.B: T.S.O.P (The Sound Of Philadelphia). 

O' Jays: Love Train

The Intruders: I’ll Always Love My Mama

Three Degrees: Take Good Care Of Yourself

Philadelphia International All Stars: Let's Clean Up The Ghetto

Freeway: Flipside

Freeway Feat: Jay-Z & Beanie Sigel: What We Do

Jill Scott: Golden

Three Degrees: When Will I See You Again

Thelma Houston: Don't Leave Me This Way

Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes: The Love I Lost

Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes: Where Are All My Friends

O' Jays: I Love Music

MFSB featuring The Three Degrees - Love Is The Message (12' Version)

No comments: