Saturday 11 October 2014

R.I.P DAVE NORLAND OF DESTA NATION SOUND SYSTEM: FISH OUT OF WATER, 5/6/12


I was deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Dave Norland of Oxford's Desta Nation sound system, and former director of OX105FM this week, following his battle with cancer. I didn't know Dave well, but on the occasions I met him, he was always friendly, amiable and helpful. I figured those that knew him might like to take a listen to this, which hopefully stands as a fitting tribute. Dave guested on my Fish Out Of Water show on OX105 in June 2012, picking five obscure records he liked and talking about what they meant to him. 

Rest In power, brother. we'll see you when we get there.


1 comment:

AJ said...

Much Respect...Dave Norland was a very creative..kind and supportive soul...will always be grateful to him for putting me on vinyl....R.I.P. Peace And Blessings to his family.